Picture Gallery of Andrássy

Picture Gallery of Andrássy

This beautiful art noveau building was built by Dionýz Andrássy (1835 - 1913) then owner of the Krásnohorské county, known patron of the arts, with the aim of housing his valuable collection of paintings and sculptures and his library of books. The ground-floor building with a ground-plan of a Greek cross based on plans was realized by the architect Dezider Hultl from Budapest. The gallery since its opening in June 1909 until the death of its owner in 1913, when the works were transported by his will to Budapest, served its purpose and was opened to visitors two days a week.

The Mining Museum in Rožňava acquired this building in 1967. Between 1978 - 1989 the Exhibition of Folk Art work in Gemer was installed here. Since 1990 the building was reverted to its original mission and an exhibition of fine art was set up in it, presenting portrait works from the 18th and 19th centuries. In reference to its founder it continues even today through seasonal installed exhibitions and organizing social and cultural events. Among the installed fine art works especially stands out the large-scale oil painting (280 cm x 336 cm) the Death of Attila (1884) by Ferencz Paczka, which several decades attracts the attention of visitors.

The Picture Gallery of Andrássy is open during season: May – September.

  

Address: Lipová 122, 049 41 Krasnohorské Podhradie

info.banmuz@gmail.com

 

Wednesday - Sunday (May - September)

1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

 

Entrance Fees: Adults / Students, Senior citizens, Disabled person, Retired military person - 1 € / 0,50 €

PHOTOGALLERY

KSK logo cmykterraincognita fond na podporu umenia

 

LOGOlogo tg new